Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Chronically Ill, Have COVID-19 Symptoms and Still Can't Get Tested
[Image: 3b60ee09d50d03a470771ad08ea215a3]

When addressing the coronavirus (COVID-19) — the new viral strain in the coronavirus family that affects the lungs and respiratory system — Trump said, “Anybody who wants a test gets a test.” Recently he revised this statement to say anyone can get a test if a doctor determines they need one.
I am living proof that both of these statements are not the reality here in California. I became sick after attending a three-day convention with 1,000 people in Santa Clara County, the county with the largest number of COVID-19 cases to date in the state of California, and I cannot get approved for testing.
Not only was the convention during the time of outbreaks in that city, I am also a “high risk” patient legally classified as disabled with moderate to severe (and sometimes life-threatening) pre-existing health conditions. To put it in perspective, when I get a cold, it is not uncommon for me to develop pneumonia. At the young age of 18, I was getting the 65-and-older-specific pneumonia vaccines. I am 23 years old and living in Long Beach, California, a city with confirmed outbreaks of the coronavirus and its first case of community spread. I have been sick with fevers, runny nose and a hacking cough. I’m still not better, my test results are negative for influenza A and B and I have doctors who want to test me for COVID-19 but they cannot get it approved.
Related: เกมยิงปลา